So Where is Our Jerusalem? We can be Christ’s witnesses to those in need within our church walls.
Worship Services Take a look around the church Sunday as the worship service unfolds. Many volunteers participate: ushers, communion servers, scripture readers, communion preparers. We need more volunteers. Prayerfully consider offering some of your time to serve our church in this way. Please email or call John or Kitti Mann (540-891-1671) for more info and to volunteer.
- WONDER IF YOU CAN SERVE AS AN USHER? Yes, you can! We need ushers for the 11:00 service. Ushers serve a very important part of the worship service. Ushers usually serve for a month once a year. Ushers are men, women, and youth, and we will train you. Please contact Kitti Mann at or 540-891-1671 to volunteer.
- Middle School Substitute Teachers Seeking Adult Volunteers! Looking for an adult volunteer to assist in 7-8th grade classroom and for substitute teachers to help out as needed. If interested, please contact Amy Dotto ASAP or use the online Sign Up Center
- Congregational Care Givers Needed Communion Servers to the Homebound and Visitation. If you have served communion to the homebound or would like to serve communion to the homebound please call the administrative office (540) 373-9021 ext.105. If you would like to be on the visitation committee please contact Janet Davis.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry All those who knit or crochet are invited to the next Prayer Shawl meeting on Wednesday, September 21st. We meet in the Parlor from 12:30-2:30. Bring your yarn, knitting needles or crochet hook, and your own drink. We hope you can join us! Contact Nancy Swift at
- Primary Sunday School 4 Year Old Teachers Needed We are in need of two adult teachers for four year old Sunday School class. Curriculum and materials are provided. Please pray about this special opportunity and call Shannon Bolick with any questions or to join our team; 540-373-9021 Ext. 110 or 540-848-5186 or use the online Sign Up Center.
Fredericksburg UMC has a wonderful opportunity to reach out to the campus of the University of Mary Washington and welcome college students to come and worship with us. This specific opportunity includes picking up and dropping off college students using the church van.Going off to college for the first time where you do not know many people can be daunting. Having a church home in your college town can help. Having an anchor of faith in the midst of the college years can make a difference in one's collegiate experience. And, did you know, that some of the UMW students who have attended FUMC in the past have gone on to be ministers and done other great things to change the world. Our offer to give college students a ride can make all the difference.To help by being on a rotation of drivers please contact Pastor Robb or use the online Sign Up Center.