Welcome! Our goal is to help our children become true disciples of Jesus Christ by building relationships with them, being examples for them, and teaching them God’s Word.
At Fredericksburg United Methodist Church we strive to do that by offering a variety of activities to get children excited about Christ! If you have any questions about our children’s programs, please call our Director of Children’s Ministry, Jillian Murray. Also, follow FUMC Children's Ministry on Facebook for up-to-date information on all things kids-related. Come join the fun as we learn and praise Jesus!
Come join us at 9:45 am on Sunday mornings for a full group "Chapel time" , then following we break into grade-level classrooms.
Classes for Pre-K through 5th grade.
Drop off starts at 9:40 am on the lower level of the church, in our Preschool Commons area.
Pick-up is at the classroom door promptly after the 9:45 am worship service; Pre-K and K/1st grade is on the lower level, 2nd/3rd and 4th / 5th are on the 2nd floor in the corridor to the right of the elevator.
SEASONAL EVENTS & PROGRAMS
Vacation Bible School
"Food Truck Party" is an exploratory, fun, and imaginative five-day curriculum!
�Upwards Basketball 2022
We are super excited to offer a new season (2022) of Upward Basketball for girls and boys in grades K-8th grade. We hope you will join us for this season.
Our program is for K5 - 8th and all teams are co-ed. Each team will practice for an hour during the week and play a game on Saturday.
Enjoy a great team experience and play ball with your friends in a supportive, Christian environment. It is not only a sports program but a Christian model for sports. We are so thankful for all the families that have signed up and the many others that volunteer their time to make this program special.
COVID: masks will be required unless players are actively playing. Each player must bring their own water bottle. Frequent use of hand sanitizer will be encouraged. Spectators are required to wear a mask if unvaccinated, however, it is recommended for all when in close proximity to others indoors. Final COVID rules will be finalized and shared with participants in December.
Some details you will need:
- The cost is $95 per child, with a $5 sibling discount included. Full scholarships are available to alleviate financial hardship. Email for information.
- Registration is set to open Monday 10/4 and close Monday 11/1 or whenever capacity is met, whichever comes first.
- Evaluation day is Sunday 11/7
- The season starts Monday 1/3 and runs through the end of February with the first week of March reserved for make-ups (if we have to cancel a game day due to ice/snow/etc)
- Uniform sizing orders during registration are final this year - they will not be adjusted at the evaluation date. Please make note of the provided sizing guidance as the uniform manufacturer has changed and they will NOT have the same fit as prior years. Uniforms will not include a t-shirt this year.
"How do I register on 10/4?"
Registration will open automatically at the site below.
"How do I register to coach, assist, referee, or for another position in this program?
Whether you have a child playing in the league or not, we would LOVE your help with the program.
There are so many ways to help from planning the end-of-season party to coaching/refereeing.
Email if you are interested
Questions? Email us at
Camp Westview on the James Scholarships - due in the springMore information about the summer camp is located here or brochures located in the church office or from the Director of Children's or Youth Ministries.