United Methodists value the tithe as a benchmark for giving, one we encourage our members to move toward and, once achieved, move beyond. The founder of the Methodist movement, John Wesley, offered an even higher standard for giving, and for our entire approach to living. It’s found in Wesley’s sermon, “The Use of Money,” which is among the Standard Sermons included in our doctrinal standards. Here is Wesley’s own brief summary which is the foundation of our teaching: “Gain all you can…. save all you can… give all you can.” He also described money as "an excellent gift of God, answering the noblest ends." "In the hands of his children," Wesley said, "it is food for the hungry, drink for the thirsty, raiment for the naked: it gives to the traveler and the stranger where to lay his head. By it we may supply the place of an husband to the widow, and of a father to the fatherless. We may be a defense for the oppressed, a means of health to the sick, of ease to them that are in pain; it may be as eyes to the blind, as feet to the lame; yea, a lifter up from the gates of death!"
Options for giving:
3. Write a check to "Fredericksburg United Methodist Church" and send in good old fashioned mail! Our address is : 308 Hanover Street Fredericksburg, VA 22401
4. Call our church Secretary Michelle Cooper at 540-373-9021 to get set up on ACH automatic withdrawal from a checking account.
5. Create account in SIMPLE CHURCH, following the Steps below .
This app also gives you access to congregation information and has our church wide schedule on it.
- Using the Simple Church App on a Smart Phone or tablet
Click here for App installation and instructions
- Using an Internet browser on a computer (like Chrome, Safari or Edge)
Scroll down HERE for instructions
Why should I download our App or Login online?
- I can look-up someone's PHONE NUMBER or email
- I can see the church SCHEDULE
- I can GIVE today or on a weekly/monthly basis
- I can load my photo
- I can set up my PLEDGE for next year
- I can UPDATE MY INFORMATION
I can see my giving history
How to Pledge and Give online using an Internet Browser (from a computer)
To see your membership information, your giving history our calendar and others contact information.
Look for your login details, sent by the church or you can request them at .
- Click the button below.
- Enter your username provided in the email (it is case sensitive)
- Enter your assigned password (which you can change by clicking on your account tab once you have logged in)
You can view and edit your contact details
View your giving history or pledge for next year in GIVE tab ($ Give Now and + Pledge buttons)
Change your Password in ACCOUNT tab.
Look at the church Calendar using the calendar icon in the top purple bar
Look for someone in the by typing their name in the light purple bar along the top to look up contact information for another member.
Want to make a tithing PLEDGE commitment?
- Click on the GIVE tab in and click on the + PLEDGE
- Fill out the box of information.
- When when you tithe/give to Pledged funds, you will see your progress throughout the year. Giving to your pledge starts after January 1st.
Need Help? Contact