Sunday, November 19, 2017, 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM
During this season of harvest, we often count our blessings and joyfully strive to be a blessing to other neighbors and friends. Our FOOD POUNDING is a cherished Fredericksburg UMC tradition. Remembering our Lord’s charge to “FEED MY SHEEP” we collect food for Thanksgiving Dinners.
From now until the Food Pounding weekend (November 19 &20th) please collect each item at home. We bring a bag full of food to Church and bless our offerings at the altar during our first hymn. Our plan is to deliver bags of food on Sunday, November 19th following church services.
- October 15 – Dressing Sunday – One box of bread crumb or stove top stuffing
- October 22 – Green Bean Sunday – Two 14.5 oz. cans of green beans
- October 29 – Mashed Potato Sunday – One box of instant mashed potatoes
- November 5 – Cranberry Sunday – one can of 16 oz. cranberry sauce/jelly
- November 12 – Cornbread Sunday – one box of cornbread mix
- November 19 – Macaroni & Cheese Sunday – one box of mac & cheese
November 19 – Food Pounding Sunday
Bring your bags to the alter in the for blessing!
** A special message from our church and $15 Food gift card are also provided to families!
Can you help us?
We would also like to help with the distribution in Hazel Hill and Heritage Park communities on Monday, November 20th and Tuesday, November 21st . We feel this will enhance our personal outreach to these families in need.
We also plan to assist in serving a Thanksgiving meal in both communities before Thanksgiving. This was a special, intimate experience for families that participated in serving the Hazel Hill Community in 2015-16. Please contact Mike Cotter at or Mark Gilday at if you would like to participate in either activity.