Jan 28, 2018 | Rev. Larry Davies
Mediate on Good Things: Keep Calm and Carry On
You didn’t select your birthplace or your birthdate. You didn’t choose your parents or your siblings. You don’t determine the weather or the amount of salt in the ocean. There are many things in life over which you have no choice. But the greatest activity of life is well within your dominion. You can choose what you think about.
Healing from Anxiety requires healthy thinking. In other words, your challenge is not your real challenge. Your real challenge is the way you think about your challenge. Your problem is not your problem; it is the way you look at it.
What life throws at us, we don’t have much choice. But when it comes to our response? “Mary has chosen better.” Says Jesus to Martha and to all of us.
From Gregory Jantz – Seven Answers for Anxiety
- Starve the Anxiety Monster: Replace news shows with Bible study and prayer time.
- Keep the small anxiety producers in perspective. Keep small stuff… small.
- Work at not working. Learn to relax more. Sleep is more important than you realize.
- When facing difficulties. Take baby steps toward fixing them.
- Make healthy choices when it comes to your lifestyle: Diet, exercise, spirituality.
- Know that you can control your response. Pray about it.
- Set your anchor. Firm up your foundation. Strengthen your faith. Be a Mary.
KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON