Jun 03, 2018 | Rev. Larry Davies
Upset the Right People
"Oh, that You would bless me indeed and enlarge my territory that Your hand would be with me and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!”
I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. -- Stephen Covey
Nine Things You Simply Must Do
- Dig it Up – Become more Aware of your Potential and Your Mission in Life
- Pull the Tooth – Face the pain that you are dealing with.
- Play the Movie – Keep an eye toward future consequences of your decisions.
- Do Something – Don’t just stand there…
- Act Like an Ant - Industrious
- Hate Well – Transform Hate to the kind hate that solves problems, heals relationships.
- Don’t Play Fair – Do better. Be better. Act better.
- Be Humble – It’s not about you anyway.
- Upset the Right People
As you grow deeper in the faith, you will be inspired to do more.
The more you attempt, the more opposition you will encounter.
Your success is directly related to your persistence.
All of us face something or someone that challenges us. Here are some very real examples:
Confronting someone who is behaving badly.
Saying no to something that everyone seems to be doing but you know is wrong.
Doing an intervention with someone who is addicted to alcohol, drugs, etc.
Telling someone they’ve overstayed their welcome…
Breaking up with someone because you know they are not right for you…
I cannot give you the formula for success but I can give you the formula for failure. Try to please everyone. -- Herbert B. Swope