So Where is Our Jerusalem? We can be Christ’s witnesses to those in need within our church walls.
We have dozens who serve within the walls of our church. Those who sit at the reception desk, those to tend to the flowers, teach the children, polish the worship implements, buy the bread, straighten the pews, prepare the programs, count the offerings, lead book clubs, prayer shawl knitters, communion servers, drivers, coffee and snack prep and congregational care givers.
Prayerfully consider offering some of your time to serve our church in these ways. We will provide guidance and training.
Bazaar Bake Shop--November 4. Please support the Bake Shop by providing any of the following: quick breads, muffins, cakes, pies, candy, brownies, jam, relish, gluten-free baked goods, or other treats. Small loaves and cakes are preferred. Please label your donations and place 2 brownies or pieces of candy in a baggie for sale. Bring to Kobler Hall Friday or early Saturday. Helpers are needed to price items and serve customers. To volunteer food donations or help during the bazaar, contact Janine Kuty at 540-898-0256 or If you would like to provide cookies for the Cookie Walk, you can also bag up smaller amounts (2 cookies to a bag) and donate the baggies of cookies to the Bake Shop and the rest of the cookies to the Cookie Walk.
- Church Bazaar. Calling for volunteers for the FUMC Bazaar on 3 and 4 November. We need lots of help including:
- stock on 3 Nov during the morning- sales on 3 Nov between 6 and 8 PM- sales on 4 Nov between 8:30 AM and 2:00 PM for 2 or 3 hours- fold up tables and pull out chairs starting at 2:00 PMCall Sharon Bradshaw at 540-373-8245 or email if you are able to give us a couple of hours. Thanks!
- Congregational Care. There are many ways of caring through visitation, calls, home communion service, Stephen Ministers, hospitality, and prayer shawls for our church members and our homebound members.
- Worship services require volunteers to help as ushers, communion servers, scripture readers, communion preparers, technology/sound volunteers and greeters.
- Teach our children. We are always in need of adult teachers or helpers for our children's Sunday school classes and Wednesday night programs. Curriculum and materials are provided.
UMW Students. We reach out to the campus of the University of Mary Washington and welcome college students to come and worship with us. We pick-up and drop-off college students using the church van on Sunday mornings.
- Church Office. We serve our church in administration to keep things running smoothly. Volunteers serve on committees, in communications, reception, finance and technology areas.